PocketDTM is Atlas Computers new survey data logging package. Using Microsoft Windows CE, it will run on a wide range devices including the Itronix Q200, TDS Recon & Ranger, Compaq Ipaq , Husky fex21 to name but a few.
Based on our popular SCC package, PocketDTM boasts unparalleled ease of use coupled with a depth of functionality found until recently only on high end desk top solutions.
It has been designed around the following criteria;
Ease of use – PocketDTM has been designed to be very easy to use and requires minimal previous survey experience. The number of steps required to complete the measurement has been minimised and the language used though out kept simple. The user interface is based around the world standard Microsoft Windows GUI familiar to most surveyors and engineers. The touch screen makes identification and selection of points much easier than a text based logger.
Best quality solution – While the PocketDTM software is extremely easy to use, it offers a breadth and depth of functionality found only on desktop products until very recently. This includes, but is not limited to the following;
Detail topography with extensive COGO options
- Line of sight offset
- Line of travel (feature offset)
- 1, 2 and 3 point circles
- 1, 2 and 3 point rectangle
- 1, 2 and 3 point symbol fitting, for trees, square manholes and other monuments
- Automatic widening of walls, tracks, etc..
- 2 point, 3 point, and fillet arcs
- Full 3d curve fitting
- 2 and 3 point free station / resection
- Feature stack for linear features
- Tape and offset
- Copy point and string parallel
- Combine multiple measurements to create a single point
Interactive real-time graphics, with zoom, pan, querying, and editing.
- Annotation of point number, elevation, description
- Free form text placement with no limit on size
- Full graphic display of all information as it is received from the instrument
Real time triangular surface modeling
Volumetric analysis for stockpiles and pits using complex isopachytes
Setting out / Stake out
- Fully user definable output, with options including Point description, left/right/forward/backward navigation offsets, X, Y ,Z, Chainage (Station), Offset, dX, dY ,dZ, dChainage (Station), dOffset, dHa, dVa.
- User definable reference point and reference line from survey or design.
- Graphic cues to show your relationship to the set-out point and reference objects
- Heads up compass display when setting out and navigating with GPS
- Upload and set out from background maps
Control adjustment by full 3d least squares analysis with printable output report and display of error ellipses.
Spreadsheet access to all data including
- Search and replace with arithmetic operators
- Global editing with arithmetic operators
- Cut and paste
- Import / Export to ASCII fixed format and comma separated files
Support for multiple feature libraries for different survey applications
Output to SCC, DXF, and MOSS/MX
Links to most popular measurement devices available, including manual and robotic total stations, DGPS and RTK GPS, and laser range finders
Fully featured GPS interface including;
- Full support for RTK for survey and setting-out
- Choice of pre-defined projection systems
- Choice national datum
- Full 3d local (7 Parameter) transformation
- Local shifts, anchor points, and check stations
- Extensive accuracy and quality reporting and logging, all raw data including position, fix quality, DOPs (Dilution of precision), and satellite count are stored and displayed in the observation spreadsheet
- Heads up (compass) navigation
- Navigation by reference point and base line
Cost effective – The PocketDTM software runs on a variety of Windows CE and PocketPC devices depending on the price / performance required. PocketDTM software is available in a variety of cost / functionality configurations depending on your needs.